Cancer Genetic Screening in Chula Vista, CA
Know your risk, protect your future
Early detection can change the course of cancer and improve chances. Research has shown that up to 10-25% of cancers are due to factors that are passed from one generation to the next. We offer unique genetic tests that help evaluate your risk for developing hereditary forms of breast, ovarian, endometrial, pancreatic, colon and other types of cancer. Once you know your risks, your South Bay OBGYN provider can help you make confident, proactive decisions about your health.
By offering this service to our patients, we are empowering the South Bay community to help prevent cancer in themselves and their families. If you are a female with one or more known family members or relatives with cancer, you should be tested.
Schedule your risk assessment appointment today
To get a more complete picture of your risk for hereditary cancer, South Bay OBGYN offers genetic screening in the office, with the option to have a complimentary consult with a certified genetic counselor. If you are to screen positive, ie at risk, we will do a complete test analysis consultation with you and provide higher ongoing surveillance, plus access to a genetic counselor. Testing is subject to INSURANCE COVERAGE and or Cash financial arrangements with Lab.
Genetic Testing General Information
- Genetic testing analyzes DNA from your cells and identifies the presence of chromosomal abnormalities. Many people have heard of BRCA mutations; however, there are several gene mutations that can increase risk for breast and other cancers.
- Patients who have these mutations have a very high risk of developing cancer during their lifetime.
- Genetic testing can be done via blood draw or a saliva sample
- 90% of patients pay $0 out of pocket for the testing
- The lab will check your benefits and contact you if the testing is a non-covered service under your insurance plan prior to starting test
- BRCA testing is a covered preventive service per the Affordable Care Act for patients with appropriate risk factors
- Privacy laws are in place to protect you
- Optional payment plans are available, if needed
There are three types of results: positive, negative or elevated risk, which your provider will review with you